FALL 2015 Theme: Parallel Programming
Spring 2016 Theme: 3D User Interfaces and Human-Computer Interaction.
This page contains a brief overview of the workshops (currently given at Florida International University) for the OpenHID group — also known as TAMGeF group, (of HPDRC @ FIU), HPDRC and general audience (request invitation).
NOTE: Spring 2015: We expect to start a workshop about 3D user Interfaces. Please contact me if you are in FIU and you will like to attend. More information will be given at a later time. The workshop during spring will take place between 10 to 12 and it will have a break around 10:50 (10 ~ 15 minute break). ECS 243
Every Friday from 2 to 3pm (ECS 243) (except when announced) and our internal meeting will happen once the workshop finishes. When needed, the meeting will take 2 hours and we will move our group meeting at a different time.
— TENTATIVE TOPICS:
- Week 1, Aug 28: Introduction to Workshop. Speaker: Ortega, F.
- Week 2, Sept. 4: OpenCL and CUDA. Introduction to General Programming GPU (GPGPU). Speaker: Galvan, A.
- Introduction to OpenCL (C and C++)
- Introduction to CUDA
- Introduction to Compute Shaders
- OpenCL Particle Simulator Case Study
- (More if time allows).
- Week 3, Sept. 11: Multi-threading with C++. Speaker: Thomas, J.
- Week 4, Sept. 18: How to create plugins for Unity and More. Speaker: Balcazar, R.
- Using non-supported devices with Unity.
- Dynamic Link Libraries (DLL) expanded.
- (Tentative -if time allows) Computational geometry topics.
- Week 5, Sept 25: No Workshop.
- Week 6, Oct 2: No Workshop.
- Week 7, Oct 9: Structure Parallel Programming: Design Patterns: Speaker: Ortega, F.
- Week 8 : TBD
- Week 9: TBD
- Week 10: TBD
- Week 11: TBD
- Week 12: TBD
- Week 13: TBD
- Week 14: TBD
- Week 15: TBD
- Week 16: TBD